Welcome to ChezRepublic. This blog was created:
Of the People. By the People. For the People.
1. Chez:/SHā/ preposition, French “at the home of”
2. Chez:/CHez/ noun, informal, English “short for ‘Chesley'”
1. Republic: /rəˈpəblik/ noun, “state in which supreme power rests in the people via elected representatives”
2. Republic: /rəˈpəblik/ noun, informal, “what America used to be before ‘we the people’ became brain dead and strictly consumer-driven”
I’ve always envisioned America as a type of “utopia.” What a great place to grow up. What a tremendous country for progress, potential and free enterprise. There’s no place on earth like America…All the positive aside–let’s cut to the chase:
WTF is happening in this country?
1. When did Americans become so useless, lazy and apathetic?
2. Why are people afraid to speak their minds?
3. When did we become so arrogant and wasteful as a society?
4. Why this preoccupation with being politically correct?
5. Since when did the word “compassion” overtake principle?
6. What happened to objectivity?
7. Can we please resurrect good old-fasioned common sense?
8. Why can’t we live more “balanced” lives?
A former journalist, I’m curious by nature…ChezRepublic is a compilation of thoughts and commentary to spark the thought process. “Ummmmmmmm? Thought process? What the hell is that?” I’ve noticed that people have a tough time “thinking” these days. (Which explains a lot). It’s exactly the opposite: A person has to “think” in order to learn, live, laugh, express and evolve. Granted, the key is knowing when to stop thinking and start taking “action.”
Everything in moderation.
A few of my favorite things: Fitness. Sports. Health. Relationships. Politics. People. Laughter. Current Events. If nothing strikes your fancy, then we’re collectively out of luck. (No harm. No foul. Moving right along…Freedom of choice is a beautiful thing).
“We the people” must get with the program. Awareness is key. Action is imperative.
Here’s to rebuilding a solid America,
Chesley J. Dohl