Welcome to ChezRepublic.
This blog was created:
Of the People. By the People. For the People.
My given name is “Chesley” but you can call me “Chez.” (Because, well, mostly because I’m cool like that). I don’t take myself too seriously. Granted, I take myself seriously enough to know that I have something to say to the world. In a nutshell: I. TRUST. MY. VOICE.
I’ve always envisioned America as a type of “utopia.” And, I’ve always approached life saying, “Why not strive for greatness?” Why settle for less than your full potential? After all, we only have one shot at this. We have this one, single life… SEIZE THE DAY!
All that positive stuff aside–let’s cut to the chase:
WTF is happening in this country?
1. When did America become so useless, lazy and apathetic?
2. Why are people afraid to speak their minds?
3. When did we become so arrogant and wasteful as a society?
4. Why this preoccupation with being politically correct?
5. Since when did the word “compassion” overtake principle?
6. What happened to objectivity?
7. Can we please resurrect good old-fasioned common sense?
8. Why can’t we live more “balanced” lives?
A former journalist, I’m curious by nature…ChezRepublic is a compilation of thoughts and commentary to help spark the thought process. “Ummmmmmmm? Thought process? What the hell is that?” I’ve noticed that people seem to believe that “thinking” is a problem these days. (Which explains a lot). It’s exactly the opposite: A person has to “think” in order to learn and evolve. Granted, the key is knowing when to stop thinking and start taking “action.”
Everything in moderation.
A few of my favorite things: Health. Fitness. Sports. Relationships. Politics. Current Events. If nothing strikes your fancy, then we’re collectively out of luck. (No harm. No foul. Move along…Freedom of choice is a beautiful thing).
“We the people” must get with the program. Half the battle, ahead, is basic awareness…After that, it’s all about taking action.
Here’s to building a solid America,
Chesley J. Dohl